IN ORDER FOR NDM TO RUN OUR PROGRAM WITH THE HIGEST QUALITY OF BOLLYWOOD DANCE SERVICE IN THE NATION, WE HAVE SET THE FOLLOWING BELOW. THE CODE OF CONDUCT, POLICES AND TERMS HAVE BEEN CREATED FROM OVER 30 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE. WE AIM TO ALWAYS SAFEGUARD EACH STUDENT TO HAVE A POSTIVE AND ENRICHING JOURNEY AT OUR PRESITIOUS INSTITUTUTION. ALL NDM STUDENTS/PARENT(S) AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Students/their families agree to show respect for all involved at NDM Bollywood Dance Studios (NDM), including other classmates, families, teachers and staff.
- Students must maintain a positive attitude and cooperate with the teacher and fellow class members.
- Respect classroom boundaries. Negative behavior of any sort is not permitted.
- The use of vulgar language, threats or physical altercations will result in immediate dismissal from NDM.
- Student/Parent may be subject to, but not limited by the following disciplinary action:
- Verbal Warning 2. Suspension 3. Immediate Dismissal from NDM.
- No gossiping or inappropriate language or conversation.
- NDM does not tolerate any physical or verbal abuse, including “name calling” or “bullying” by any student. Such behavior will result in dismissal from NDM.
- Students disrupting the safety of other students in class will result in immediate dismissal from NDM.
- All students must show respect to the property of others.
- No running, jumping, or unruly behavior will be tolerated at any of NDM’s locations.
- Keep conversations positive and up-beat. Negativity does not provide for a healthy dance environment.
- Parents/Friends/Family may not sit inside the classroom and watch. They may only watch the last 10 minutes of each class, unless directed by instructor.
- Parents may not interfere during class time
- Eating or chewing gum during class is strictly prohibited
- All cell phones should be turned off. Cell phone use is not allowed during class time.
- We encourage our students to practice and the parents to be involved in our program.
- We truly expect our students to attend each and every scheduled class, as absent students slow down the teaching process, as well as fall behind. We encourage students/parents to create a group chat with weekly class dance videos.
- Students who missed class are responsible of returning to class fully prepared on the material that was instructed. It is unfair to the other students who attended to review the entire hour all over again.
- Students that come late are a distraction for the other students. If tardiness continues, the student will be asked to move to a better-timed class for them. Being on time to class is a must at NDM.
- Students may not leave before class is concluded without prior arrangement with the instructor.
- Students or their Parents must email NDM if they are not going to attend class. This allows us to plan ahead and adjust the days lesson plan.
Before and After Class
- NDM is not a childcare or babysitting service. When one class ends, another starts; teachers and staff are not liable or responsible for supervising students before their class time or after their class has been dismissed.
- Locations/Facilities we rent from outside of NDM Artesia are not responsible in supervising any student before or after their class time.
- NDM shirt ($15 purchase from NDM)
- Students must purchase a new NDM shirt once they outgrow the class shirt, the class shirt is lost or damaged, or the student changes classes.
- Leggings or gym pants/shorts. Dance appropriate attire. No jeans. No dresses. No long earrings.
- All students with long hair MUST have it pulled and tied back.
- No footwear required, as we dance barefoot only.
POLICIES AND TERMS
- NDM Bollywood Dance Studios Inc (NDM) has the right to refuse services to anyone at any time.
- All students must fill out all NDM forms prior to their first class.
- NDM does not enroll children under the age of 5.
- NDM is not responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen articles.
- NDM does not compete in any dance competitions.
- Any students that would like to participate in any dance competition must get an approval by NDM prior to enrolling for the competition IF their dance is utilizing NDM choreography.
- We request Students/Parents to always credit NDM and their teacher on social media posts and events.
Placement in Classes
- NDM will place students in classes. It is more important that students are in the correct level of class, rather than making sure a student is with their exact age group. Kindly trust our expertise in placing students in the right class. We want each student to grow and achieve the most at NDM. When a class is too challenging, the student will be frustrated and lose interest. Likewise, when it is too easy, a student may not grow as a dancer.
- NDM reserves the right to move any student to a different class if they are not keeping up with the standard of the class and values of our program. As a result, pertaining to this matter only, if the student decides to leave the program, NDM will issue a refund for the remaining classes. The student will not be reimbursed for the classes already attended or any other required expenditures (i.e., costume, show tickets, etc.) during the school year.
Taking a break from NDM
- If a student does not continue in their class for a quarter/semester or more, NDM will fill up the open spot, which may result in the student losing their spot in that class if they wish to return.
- Each quarter/semester we enrich our students with technique, skill level and other components in Bollywood dancing. Taking a break from any quarter causes students to fall behind and not be up to par with the students in their class. Therefore, even if a spot is available in their original class, a student may be placed in a different group upon their return after a break.
- NDM reserves the right to combine classes, change times, provide substitute teachers and/or replacement teachers or combine any class.
- Classes may be cancelled due to low enrollment – if this happens, email notifications will be sent and we will work with your family to try and find an alternative class.
- NDM Bollywood Dance Studios Inc. recognize the following designated holidays, no classes will be taught the weeks of: New Year’s Eve, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Halloween Day (TBD), Spring Break (TBD), Thanksgiving, Winter Break and Recital Days only.
Video and Photography Release
- I understand and agree that NDM reserves the right to take and use videos and photos of participants, free of charge, from the NDM events, classroom activity or NDM related events to be used for marketing and advertising purposes.
- Throughout the year, there is a lot of information that is communicated to our students/families. Our primary means of communication is via email.
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email list
- We thank you in advance in providing us with your best email address in order to receive prompt replies. We appreciate our emails to be responded to in a timely manner if needed.
- Website: ndmdance.com. Basic studio info, including our full year calendar.
- We have a Facebook page that we update with events and recitals info.
- You can also follow us of Instagram: @ndmbollywooddance
- Questions and Concerns – Please do not engage the teachers at any time in their respective dance studios to ask questions. When one class ends, another one begins. If you need to speak directly to the teacher, please email or call the studio at 562-402-7761. Messages will be returned as soon as possible.
- The teacher and/or the parents/guardians can schedule a studio meeting if needed.
- Always communicate/follow up with our team via email for any requests or concerns. We want to avoid any misunderstandings and encourage a paper trail to allow full transparency.
- NDM’s full year consists of 2 semesters: Semester 1 (mid Aug-mid Dec) and Semester 2 (January -May).
- Tuition rates can be found on the website
- Tuition must be paid within the first two weeks of each starting quarter. (14 days)
- A Late Fee of $15 will be added by the 15th day. A Late Fee of $30 will be added by the 22nd day or more.
- Students who have not paid the tuition by the fifth class of each quarter, will not be able to take the class.
- NDM does not accept month to month payment.
- Return check fee of $25 will be applied for any returned check(s).
- Tuition Discounts apply for 3 or more enrolled students within the same biological/immediate family.
- NDM Bollywood Dance Studios Inc does not provide pro-rating or refunds of any kind, for any reason including illness, injury, relocation, vacation, missed classes, school, work, disinterest etc. This policy applies to any studio fees; registration fees, recitals, costumes, tuition and more.
- Zelle (email@example.com), cash and checks and credit card ($7.50 service fee per transaction).
- Please make checks payable to NDM Bollywood Dance Studios
- We do not accept Venmo, PayPal or automatic payment service. No exceptions.
- NDM has 2 annual recitals, which are performed at Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center during the months of November and April/May. In order for students to participate in the recital, they must be enrolled in classes for both semesters.
- Students that are unable to perform at the recitals may not enroll in our program.
- Tickets will be available for purchase in through NDM. Date, time and protocols to be emailed.
- Show Tickets: range $30-$65
- Students who do not purchase a costume may not perform at the recital.
- Costume: range $150-$265 / Costumes for boys may be under this range depending on the theme of the dance. NDM does not rent costumes, as they are customed made for each student to purchase and keep.
- Students may be responsible in purchasing accessories, such has jewelry and leggings: range $6-$45
- Due to the high demand and constant increase in number of classes, NDM presents two shows per recital; an afternoon show and an evening show. Half of NDM classes will perform at show 1, while the other half perform at show 2, all in the same day. Some advance classes may have the opportunity in performing at both shows. If a class is performing at both shows, the student must perform at both shows and not one.
Force Majeure Clause:
- NDM Bollywood Dance Studios shall have the right to cancel any performances and/or classes if in the company’s sole discretion these activities cannot or should not proceed, due in whole or in part to, armed conflict, invasion, act of a foreign enemy, civil war, riot, rebellion, revolution, civil commotion or disorder, act of terrorism; plague, epidemic, pandemic, outbreaks of infectious disease or any other public health crisis, including quarantine or restrictions on public gatherings; compliance with any law or government order, rule, regulation or direction, curfew restriction; act of God or natural disaster such as but not limited to violent storm, hurricane, tornado, earthquake, landslide, tsunami, flood; explosion, fire.
In the unlikelihood of the mentioned above, NDM will…
- Provide classes through a virtual platform for the remaining classes paid. No refunds, prorating, and/or deductions will be given.
- Reschedule the recital at the same theatre/theatre within 45 miles from the original venue – within a 6-month period OR provide the recital virtually. Thus, purchased show tickets will be honored at the new recital date and/or be used as compensation to receive the virtual show link/password or access. Tickets will not be refunded, as NDM will fulfill our service/agreement by producing a show.
- If NDM cancels the recital or classes with no alternatives mentioned above, NDM will fully reimburse recital tickets and remaining classes not provided. Show tickets will only be reimbursed when physically returned at NDM Artesia within the deadline that will be provided.
- Sponsorship funds will only be reimbursed if NDM cancels the recital. Deadlines will apply.
- No refunds or reimbursements (for classes or recital tickets) will be given to students or families who choose not to participate or attend the new recital date/virtual performance.
- NDM is not responsible for alterations, refunding or reimbursing costumes, as the costume vendor/company is not affiliated with NDM.